Edward House was built in 1910 and is based on Moses Somake’s signature architectural design; amalgamation of simplicity with grandeur. It is a double-storey structure which is constructed using strong detailing and rusticated masonry. Edward House was one of the popular spots of the metropolitan back in the early decades of the 19th century. The Cafe Grand, that was located on the ground floor of the building, was run by confectioner Herbert Cumper and served delectable menu in a ritzy, jazzy venue. The Cafe Grand was visited by Karachi’s most famous artists and writers. These days the building houses ‘Stars Club’ on the ground floor, an architect’s office, a photocopier shop, and few residential blocks.
Edward House design is of hybrid nature and has strong stone detailing and rusticated masonry.